Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

And next is featured here an impressive story by Ali Hasim of our O’ Level Final Year Class. It’s his first ever contribution to our blog. Ali’s a boy with rich imagination. He’s fast in visualizing a variety of situations and very quick in describing, portraying them within an insignificant amount of time. He’s also tried his hand on this topic a couple of stories have already been published on here before. Let’s wish him a bright writing career in his future life. A thumb up job, Ali! Keep up good work. (Humayun)


“Being a seasoned doctor it took me no more than a few seconds to perceive what might have caused Angeline’s death.”

The body was brought in by my assistant and laid in the dark room. As soon as I was free, I had a look onto the body. It was a young woman of around twenty-five, had blonde hair and was five feet six inches tall. Her ID card showed that her name was Angeline McGregor.

Being a seasoned doctor it took me no more than a few seconds to perceive what might have caused Angeline’s death. She had been poisoned. The autopsy that I performed the same evening showed that the poison used was arsenic.

The police had stopped the investigation considering it to be a natural death. But my report suggested the otherwise and when I gave my report to the chief inspector, the case was reopened with a renewed keenness. This time the investigation was done with this fact in mind that it was a murder case.

I being a detective, as well as the forensic expert of the police department, was allowed to look into the matter. I knew that only a couple of chemists in the city sold arsenic, and so I asked my assistant to make and bring me a list of people who had purchased arsenic in the last few days.

A single look at the list gave me the lead I was looking for. It had the name of the husband of the deceased. But I needed more proof than a mere receipt before I could lay my hands on him. Nevertheless, I asked him to come to the police station and interrogated him.

He told me a story that, if true, meant that he was totally clean. The way he spoke with a great conviction in his tone, made me doubt my instincts. I took his photographs and showed them to the chemist who had sold arsenic to the person named Anthony McGregor. But to my utter surprise, the chemist told me that this person had never been to his shop.
I asked the police department’s best artist to come and make a sketch according to the chemist’s description. The sketch showed a young muscular man with a look of pure venom and hatred on his face. I put the sketch into the department’s computer and was soon granted a satisfactory result. The young man was Sal Malcini, a person who had a record of dealing in poisons and even using them.

I asked the sheif to get him arrested as he was our man. I was startled on interrogating him. I never knew a new surprise awaited me. He was PAID for the job. This much was the only information that we could extract from him for a long time. But after we used the third degree interrogation on him, he soon gave away. He told us that it was Angeline’s ex-boyfriend, Mathew Lestrage who had paid him.

Confronting Mathew proved to be a much troublesome job than the others as he tried to run away. But due to his lack of knowledge of the area, he ran straight into me. Mathew told us that he loved Angeline very much but she had betrayed him, and had married that American guy. Naturally, this infuriated him. He said he was extremely depressed --- to the extent that it led him to taking revenge upon her. He planned to kill her, and succeeded in that soon after.

He was given a life sentence.

By:
Ali Hashim
O' Level Final Year Class
PakTurk Schools
Islamabad


1 comment: