Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

An excellent response from hard working, well-behaved, brilliant Armughan Aslam of class O’ Levels to a question on letter writing


Letter to a friend inviting him to be in your team to represent your school in a general knowledge competition

Points to be incorporated:
  • When and where the competition will take place
  • A request to your friend to join you in the team
  • Why you think your friend is the best choice for your team
  • What preparation you should both do
  • Details of the prizes in the competition


Dear Umar

I hope you are in the best of health. As I was sitting on my couch yesterday, my mind was engulfed in deep thoughts. My thoughts were revolving around PakTurk’s first Inter-school General Knowledge Competition to be held next week at the Convention Centre. As the competition can be entered both as an individual and as a team, I decided to invite you to be my comrade.

Yours was the first name that struck my mind while choosing a partner, since I’ve always seen you reading and researching on a wide variety of topics. In addition, I have always seen you as a confident young chap throughout the 3 years we’ve been together with whom a nervous guy like me would be more comfortable when contesting. And more, we even have the school library to our convenience, where we can consult a wide range of informative books. Search for information is now a just click away with the addition of a computer and internet facility in the library, so we can meet up on the weekend and cope with our deficiencies there. I have also acquired my brother’s CSS books which will greatly help to boost our mental precocity.

The winners of this competition will be generously rewarded. Feast your eyes on the first prize: the winners will be awarded a sum of USD 500 along with a full expense paid trip to majestic Turkey! I know how much you have craved to venture there, so why not enroll ourselves and avail this chance to grab the cherry?

Please do pay heed to my words, and possibly try to avail this chance of a lifetime. I’m hopeful of a positive response from your side.

Yours very lovingly,
Armughan Aslam

Armughan Aslam




No comments:

Post a Comment