Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

“It appeared out of the blue…” – A compellingly believable story. It’s not just scary; it’s bloodcurdling. Do manage to keep all lights constantly switched on at your place, or you’ll start screaming out of terror. It certainly is that TERRIFYING one.




It appeared out of the blue

I was passing through a very haunted-looking town. As I walked down a street, it seemed to me as if human life had been wiped out from there. No face to be seen around, nor was heard any sound --- not even a slightest one that hit my auditory senses. Life seemed extinct here. Although it was just 5pm, it looked as dark as midnight. All I could hear was the crackling sound of my boots colliding with the ground at each step. Walking unaccompanied by any human in a lifeless, dark street doubled the fear in my heart.

I could see a line of thick, thorny bushes that ran parallel to the street I was walking on. Suddenly, a sound shook me up. It had probably risen from behind those bushes on my right side. I looked quite frantically around only to find NO ONE and NOTHING.

Slowly, a thick fog began to cover the air. The atmosphere now gave an even more fear-provoking look. It seemed as though it was a scene from some scary movie, and I was very much a part of that. The only choice I had was to keep walking, as there was no going back after having reached such far.


All of a sudden, I felt like something was following me. I froze for a few seconds. But this time I couldn’t pick up enough courage to turn back to see what or who it was. I kept walking at a constant pace.

Finally, my destination came into sight. I took a sigh of relief. Although reaching there required just 10-15 minutes’ walk, it felt like miles away.

The sight of my destination had lit me up, and I was soon walking at a greater pace. I had a feeling I was still being followed. The thought of ‘somebody, something’ sent shivers down my spine. Then, as soon as I decided to run, there appeared a weird-looking creature from somewhere. It appeared out of the blue, and in seconds it had taken its position right in front of me.

Wearing an ugly smile on its face, it opened its huge mouth to throw out a cackle as if to mock at my feeling powerless, utterly helpless. I was literally a poor lamb to be soon engulfed by a giant.

God knows wherefrom but there arose a spark of energy inside me at the eleventh hour. I decided not to drop my weapons. It was then when my right hand rose. Up up and up it went, and then came down with the speed of lightening. There it was! A severe punch on that ugly big face.

My God!  It was none but my little sister who stood by my side to wake me up from that nightmare. My five year old, sweet Angeline was now lying on the ground, crying at the top of her lungs.

Authored by Farrukh Mustafa
O’ Level Final Year

PakTurk Schools, Islamabad Branch

Farrukh Mustafa




No comments:

Post a Comment