Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Abdullah Nawaz of class O’ Level’s response to a question on letter writing

Dear Wasi,

How are you my friend? It’s been a long time we haven’t spoken with each other. I have heard that you have given (taken) your exams and are no longer occupied with your studies. Well, I wanted to make a proposal which will do good (good is adjective. Use ‘well’) for both of us.

Earlier, I was called to the principal’s office and was told that I was a representative of the school (I was to represent the school) in an in coming general knowledge quiz. I was dumb folded (dumbfounded), as out of all the people in the school they choose me (I’m the one they preferred/chose). Yesterday, the school administration also informed me that I were (was) to be accompanied by a partner in the quiz. They also gave me (have given me) the freedom to choose the partner. The first person that come (came) to my mind was my highly intellectual friend, Wasi. Who aced his O level exams and won several debate competitions. (…friend, Wasi, who aced his…)

Let me give (share with) you some more information about the quiz. The quiz is to be held by the end of this month, at the Marriott Hotel. They also gave us (have given us) a list of topics which might come in this general knowledge quiz. I have separated the topics between us I’ll send them to you as soon as possible (as soon as you say you’re willing to join hands with me). If you have any issues with transportation I am willing to take you and drop you back off (I’ll be glad to offer you pick and drop).

Now lets (let’s) get to the interesting part, the prizes. The organizers of the quiz have been very generous while setting the prizes. 3rd position will get 10,000rs (Rs. 10, 000), use semi colon(;) 2nd position will get 20,000rs (Rs. 20, 000) and the 1st position will get a hefty amount of 35,000rs (Rs. 35, 000). Whoever gives this exam (participates in this competition) will receive a certificate which can be pasted in our CV in the future (will enrich our profile).

I hope you will fully co-operate. Please do inform me when you make up your mind as I have to make the arrangements.

Yours lovingly,
Abdullah Nawaz
Cambridge Section
PakTurk International School
Islamabad





No comments:

Post a Comment