Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Osama Bin Masood of class O’ Level’s response to a question on letter writing. The question was: "Write a letter to a friend inviting him to be in your team to represent your school in a general knowledge competition."



Letter to a friend inviting him to be in your team to represent your school in a general knowledge competition

Points to be incorporated:

  • When and where the competition will take place
  • A request to your friend to join you in the team
  • Why you think your friend is the best choice for your team
  • What preparation you should both do
  • Details of the prizes in the competition

Dear Ali,

I hope you are in the best, both mentally and physically. As you know, a general knowledge competition is being held at the (no article before proper noun) Allama Iqbal National Library on 25th of February. After a prolonged series of tests, I have been selected to represent our school in the competition. To participate, I also need a highly talented, intelligent partner. I have set my eyes on you. So join in!

The reason why you are my utmost choice is that I believe in you. I know that you have the sharpest mind among my friends. You are active (use excellent) in studies and (use an adjective for co-curricular as well, like 'a stalwart in co-curricular activities) co-curricular activities. Your logical answers and wide-spread knowledge (wide knowledge) has always impressed me. Last but not least, you are my best friend and I have been with you since the first grade (since first grade). So I trust you the most.

To gear up for the competition, you need to study the book ‘Mind Games’ by Allen Pike as well as read other stuff from the internet. Also, don’t forget to visit the school website to register yourself for the competition. Try solving some past paper questions too. Yet, don’t forget the best part! The first prize for the completion is 100 dollar cash. The second and third prizes are 75 and 50 dollars respectively. Even if we couldn’t make it to the top, we will surely get a certificate and 20 dollars. So, what are you waiting for?

I hope to get a positive response from you so that together we could embark on the journey of preparation and grab that cash (...grab a bit of prominence). Best of luck!

Yours with love,
Osama Bin Masood

No comments:

Post a Comment