Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

More practice on 'descriptive narrative'. Muhammad Uzair Bhatti of class O' Levels 2nd year opted for the topic: 'A moment when I thought I was starting to grow up.' A fine attempt, indeed!

A moment when I thought I was starting to grow up

I had an overwhelming passion for driving ever since I was a child. My family is a small one: just mother, father and I. As a child, I remember sitting with my father in the driving seat. My mother used to sit in the back as she had a sort of phobia for driving. Now my father drives while I sit in the back.

This was before my father took me to an empty ground used for driving practice and taught me how to drive properly. He did that so a member of the family knew how to drive in case of an emergency. It was followed by my driving on busy roads as well, quite a couple of times, so I could learn what ‘road sense’ is, and I did learn a lot.

Then there came a day when an emergency did knock on my door some six months later when my cousin called me: “Uzair, hurry up and get here in a car, papa isn’t feeling well. We need to get to the hospital,” he said as soon as I picked up. It mustn’t have taken me more than five minutes to get the car out and rush to his place. We laid our uncle in the back and I drove to the nearest hospital as fast as we could.

The doctors ran some tests but we soon found out it was nothing too severe as we had made it to the hospital just in time. Relaxed, we all drove back home where everyone praised me for my help. That is the day, I think, I realized I had grown up now. I had made myself proud.

By:
Muhammad Uzair Bhatti
O' Levels 2nd year
Muhammad Uzair Bhatti

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative idea. It fits really well with the topic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment, dear Ahmer! Appreciating fellows' work serves as a huge source of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete